The traditional summer moving season is drawing to a close, but with summer 2020 being so different from prior years, the busy season is still upon us. Moving? Plan now. It can still be difficult to find a reputable moving company to manage your relocation, and many movers are booked out for weeks still. To ease your search, North Coast Movers has put together a few tips for vetting Seattle movers before hiring one.
Tips for Finding Reputable Moving Companies
You’ll find that there are hundreds of moving companies in Washington State, but not all of them have the proper training and resources needed to successfully relocate their customers’ households. To make sure you don’t fall victim to a fly-by-night company, keep these tips in mind:
- Check Out their Services: It’s easy to assume that a moving company can help you with any kind of relocation. Yet, every business is different. Some companies are limited to local moves, while others specialize in corporate relocations. Consider calling or visiting the website of a moving company first to see if they can handle your unique situation.
- Review their Ratings: A good mover should have lots of positive customer reviews and ratings online. You’ll be able to see what customers liked about these movers, where they failed, and get an overall impression of their quality. You can also check to see if they are accredited by the Better Business Bureau.
- Ask About Certifications/Licenses: There is a surprising amount of knowledge required to move people’s belongings. Ideally, your mover has gone through the effort of getting certified by recognized agencies, like ProMover certification through the AMSA. They should also be licensed to operate as a Seattle moving company.
- Get Free Quotes: Most movers provide free cost estimates for customers. These days you may not want multiple movers walking through your home, but there are phone estimates and virtual estimates available to give you an idea of the cost. It will also help you see which movers are drastically overcharging or undercharging.
- Check their Health and Safety Precautions: Be sure to confirm that you and your family will remain safe. Rely on a mover that is upfront about the health and safety precautions their estimators and moving crews will take when in your home – and if there are other options they offer for enhanced social distancing. At North Coast Moving, we do everything we can to keep everyone safe: your family and ours. From PPE to sanitizing equipment to video estimates, we keep you safe.
What Makes North Coast Movers the Right Choice?
At North Coast Movers, we provide proven and affordable moving services for Washington. As a partner with Allied movers, we have access to the resources needed to complete long-distance and international moves. Our team is also highly trained and has earned AMSA ProMover certification. We’re also recognized for our excellent services in many ways:
- BBB Accreditation
- Women’s Choice Award
- Superior Customer Reviews and Ratings
If you have a challenging local move or want to schedule a long-distance relocation, reach out to North Coast Movers. Just give us a call or fill out our online contact form to speak with a representative right away. We’ll be happy to set up a free virtual estimate or consultation with one of our moving specialists.
Subscribe to North Coast Moving & Storage Co.'s Blog