If you decide to pack your own items, it is important to ensure that you are packing them correctly, to guarantee a safer, quicker move to your new destination. By packing appropriately and carefully, damage to any of your items or goods can be prevented. By using the correct types of boxes, moving can be made much easier! Follow these guidelines to make sure you are using the correct boxes for your items.
· Dishpack: Heavy duty carton used for dishes/china, crystal and glassware
· Double-wall cartons: Extra protective cartons made especially for fine china, crystal, and other high-value, hard to replace items
· 1.5 cu. ft. cartons: Small carton for heavy items such as books, files, music CDs and DVDs/video tapes
· 3.0 cu. ft. cartons: Medium utility carton often used for pots and pans, toys, and small appliances
· 4.5 cu. ft. cartons: For bulky items, such as linens, towels or toys
· 6.0 cu. ft. cartons: For large, bulky, or lightweight articles, such as pillows or large lampshades
· Wardrobe cartons: A "portable closet" that keeps clothes or draperies hanging on a built-in bar
· Mirror cartons: Several sizes of telescoping cartons for framed pictures, mirrors or glass
· Mattress cartons: Available in queen/king, double, single (twin) and crib sizes. A separate carton is necessary for box springs
Don’t have access to these types of boxes? Give us a call and we can help you find the boxes you need for you residential move, commercial move, or international move.